It was reported that Sterling Insurance would cut hundreds of brokers from its books in a move to almost double its annual income to £125m by 2010. Household and commercial director David Sweeney said he intended to reduce the broker pool from 1,000 to 300 over the next 12 months. He added that although the insurer was thinning down the business, it would look to work with small, medium and large brokers that could handle premiums between £1,000 and £250,000.
RSA more than doubled the amount of
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products