First Assist has sold its private medical insurance (PMI) business to Standard Life Healthcare for an undisclosed sum, subject to Financial Services Authority (FSA) and court approval and a formal portfolio transfer.
The sale will involve the transfer of the company's 280 employees wholly or substantially engaged in running this business at its Marshall Point offices in Bournemouth to Standard Life Healthcare.
All contracts and the Bournemouth premises will also be transferred to Standard Life
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance