Smart and Cook has acquired the general insurance broking business of Adams Financial Services in Lincolnshire. The firm's founders Roger and Moira Adams operated as a combined independent financial adviser and insurance broker, but recently decided to sell the broking arm. Smart and Cook will take on Adams' team. Ian Shay, finance director of Smart and Cook, said: "The insurance broking arm of Adams Financial services is turning over more than £1m a year in premiums and fits our acquisition
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products