Brokers need to prove that their staff have the right skills and expertise to sell insurance, according to the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
The FSA has stated that firms must employ personnel with the skills, knowledge and expertise necessary for the discharge of the responsibilities allocated to them in its latest consultation paper, The Training and Competence Sourcebook Review.
Steve White, head of compliance and training at the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba), said thi
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future