The UK's largest private-sector union, Amicus, predicted that insurerAviva's decision to site its new call centre in India would be the firstblow in a year that would see 15,000 UK insurance call-centre jobs lost tointernational start-ups.
Aviva had announced that it was planning to build a new call centre anddevelop a claims processing operation for its UK general insurancebusiness in Bangalore.
The insurer said the move would give the group's UK general insurancebusiness extra flexibility an
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future