The UK's largest private-sector union, Amicus, predicted that insurerAviva's decision to site its new call centre in India would be the firstblow in a year that would see 15,000 UK insurance call-centre jobs lost tointernational start-ups.
Aviva had announced that it was planning to build a new call centre anddevelop a claims processing operation for its UK general insurancebusiness in Bangalore.
The insurer said the move would give the group's UK general insurancebusiness extra flexibility an
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups