A special general meeting of Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) members has voted overwhelmingly in favour of proposals to modernise the way in which the CII is governed. A new governing body of 13 people - including employer and consumer members - is to be created to replace the CII's existing 49-person council. The council itself will then be expanded to 65 members with a representative function.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall