Business failures are down for the first time in two years, according to new figures.
Experian, the global information solutions company, found that failures in the UK have fallen by just over 4% to 4,611 in the third quarter of 2006, compared to the same period in 2005, bringing the total for the year so far to 14,216.
However, there has also been an overall increase in business failure of over 4% during the first nine months of the year, compared to the same period in 2005.
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018