Intermediaries found out the definitive timetable for the regulationof the non-life sector by the Financial Services Authority (FSA), whichgave the sector extra time to become compliant.
The timetable was revealed by Financial Secretary to the Treasury RuthKelly in a letter to the chief executive of the General InsuranceStandards Council. It envisaged the FSA taking over the regulation ofgeneral insurance on January 14, 2005.
In her letter, Ms Kelly outlined a timetable that saw the regulation
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m