The EU Commission is reviewing the VAT treatment of financial services and insurance. Commenting on the appraisal, ABI director of financial regulation and taxation, Peter Vipod, said: "We are pleased that the EU Commission recognises the current VAT regime does not meet the needs of the 21st Century and we urge Member States to use the review to enhance the EU's competitiveness in a global economy."
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints