The EU Commission is reviewing the VAT treatment of financial services and insurance. Commenting on the appraisal, ABI director of financial regulation and taxation, Peter Vipod, said: "We are pleased that the EU Commission recognises the current VAT regime does not meet the needs of the 21st Century and we urge Member States to use the review to enhance the EU's competitiveness in a global economy."
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017