Cox Insurance is set to come under the control of former chief executive Neil Utley, after a £297.9m cash offer was accepted by the public company's board.
A formal offer has still to be made, but it is expected that once this is officially approved, Mr Utley will de-list the motor specialist and make it private.
Mr Utley said: "Cox is a business with which I have been proud to be associated for a number of years. It has an excellent reputation in the market place and I believe that, as a priv
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti