The Association of British Insurers (ABI) has warned the government that the industry urgently needs more investment in flood defences to cope with the number of homes already at serious risk.
The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) has been told to cut its budget by nearly £200m over the next six months, which has sparked major concerns in the industry.
Jane Milne, the ABI's head of property insurance, said: "Insurers are very concerned that, having seemed to be treatin
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand