In all the talk of customer focus that has saturated advice to managers in the past 10 years, it is sometimes easy to forget that a supplier focus is also a key factor for success in business. Purchasing has become a well established function in large organisations and the same principles are equally valid and valuable in small businesses.
Good buying practice can make a significant difference to the bottom line. Here are the top five habits of an expert purchaser:
Know who your suppliers are
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- The Blog Spot: Filling in the Blanc?