The Department for Transport (DfT) has issued a consultation paper to a number of relevant bodies to discuss whether it is feasible to start issuing motor insurance certificates electronically.
A spokesman for the DfT said: "We are releasing the consultation paper in response to suggestions from within the industry that it would be useful to have documents dispatched electronically.
"However, the current issuing form - by paper and post - is a legal requirement, so we have to go through the co
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti