The Office of Fair Trading's report into the UK's liability insurance markets was met with a positive response from the industry as it called for moves towards a long-term solution to the sector's problems.
The five-month study was undertaken after complaints from businesses over the sudden, sharp increases in the cost of liability insurance, and a capacity shortage that saw some occupations unable to get liability cover at any price.
The study found no evidence of a widespread lack of availab
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results