The Office of Fair Trading's report into the UK's liability insurance markets was met with a positive response from the industry as it called for moves towards a long-term solution to the sector's problems.
The five-month study was undertaken after complaints from businesses over the sudden, sharp increases in the cost of liability insurance, and a capacity shortage that saw some occupations unable to get liability cover at any price.
The study found no evidence of a widespread lack of availab
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- The Blog Spot: Filling in the Blanc?