The Office of Fair Trading's report into the UK's liability insurance markets was met with a positive response from the industry as it called for moves towards a long-term solution to the sector's problems.
The five-month study was undertaken after complaints from businesses over the sudden, sharp increases in the cost of liability insurance, and a capacity shortage that saw some occupations unable to get liability cover at any price.
The study found no evidence of a widespread lack of
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK