The Better Regulation Task Force, the independent advisory body, has called on the Government to raise the limit under which personal-injury (PI) claims can be pursued through the small-claims track. The present limit is only £1,000.
It also wants Westminster to research the viability of contingency fees which, it argues, would make legal charges more transparent and less subject to dispute.
The task force, which has conducted a major research project into compensation culture, said: "We want
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017