The Better Regulation Task Force, the independent advisory body, has called on the Government to raise the limit under which personal-injury (PI) claims can be pursued through the small-claims track. The present limit is only £1,000.
It also wants Westminster to research the viability of contingency fees which, it argues, would make legal charges more transparent and less subject to dispute.
The task force, which has conducted a major research project into compensation culture, said: "We want
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five