Mr Paton will chair a board drawn from representatives of Thatcham’s 34 members of major UK motor insurers.
Speaking of his appointment, Mr Paton said: “Over my 25 years in the insurance sector, I have seen the influence of Thatcham grow not just in the UK insurance and automotive sectors, but worldwide.
“The real value of the activities conducted are measured not just in claims management, but also in the increase in effective safety and security of motorists.
“As Thatcham approaches its 40
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO