Mr Paton will chair a board drawn from representatives of Thatcham’s 34 members of major UK motor insurers.
Speaking of his appointment, Mr Paton said: “Over my 25 years in the insurance sector, I have seen the influence of Thatcham grow not just in the UK insurance and automotive sectors, but worldwide.
“The real value of the activities conducted are measured not just in claims management, but also in the increase in effective safety and security of motorists.
“As Thatcham approaches its 40
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal