However, these results coincided with the news that the combined ratio had risen to 104.8%.
Guy Munnoch, CEO of Zurich UK, said: “Clearly 2007 was a challenging year, not only for Zurich, but for the UK insurance industry as a whole, however our strong GWP result reflects our commitment to deliver sustainable profitable growth.
“We remain focussed on financial discipline and pricing integrity and we will grow our business by developing propositions that meet the needs of customers and
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019