However, these results coincided with the news that the combined ratio had risen to 104.8%.
Guy Munnoch, CEO of Zurich UK, said: “Clearly 2007 was a challenging year, not only for Zurich, but for the UK insurance industry as a whole, however our strong GWP result reflects our commitment to deliver sustainable profitable growth.
“We remain focussed on financial discipline and pricing integrity and we will grow our business by developing propositions that meet the needs of customers and distri
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti