However, these results coincided with the news that the combined ratio had risen to 104.8%.
Guy Munnoch, CEO of Zurich UK, said: “Clearly 2007 was a challenging year, not only for Zurich, but for the UK insurance industry as a whole, however our strong GWP result reflects our commitment to deliver sustainable profitable growth.
“We remain focussed on financial discipline and pricing integrity and we will grow our business by developing propositions that meet the needs of customers and distri
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- SSP confirms system disruption in texts to brokers
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Insurtech start-up Konsileo secures £2.7m in funding
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups