IAG's UK insurance branch network will be sold to Swinton Group for £50m and Hastings and Advantage businesses will be sold via a management buy out for £23.5m.
These transactions, combined with the costs relating to the recent closure of IAG's specialist Lloyd's syndicate Alba and associated underwriter Diagonal, will result in IAG recognising a pre-tax loss of approximately £40m.
IAG managing director and chief executive officer Mr Michael Wilkins said: "Since we stated our intention to sell the
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019