The insurer said this will see a move away from its outbound telephone sales model towards online new business.
The proposals would involve a reduction of around 90 roles at Allianz Retail's offices in Bristol affecting Call Centre, HR, Marketing and other Operational Support functions. This is likely to involve around 50 redundancies and the termination of 40 fixed-term contracts.
Jon Dye, General Manager of Allianz Retail Division said: "The capability to offer direct home and motor insurance
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted