The insurer said this will see a move away from its outbound telephone sales model towards online new business.
The proposals would involve a reduction of around 90 roles at Allianz Retail's offices in Bristol affecting Call Centre, HR, Marketing and other Operational Support functions. This is likely to involve around 50 redundancies and the termination of 40 fixed-term contracts.
Jon Dye, General Manager of Allianz Retail Division said: "The capability to offer direct home and motor insurance
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018