The consideration represents a 29% premium to Benfield’s closing stock price on August 21, 2008, the last trading day prior to the announcement of the agreement.
Following the close of the transaction, Aon said it intended to integrate the Benfield business with its existing reinsurance operations (Aon Re Global) and operate the division globally under the newly created Aon Benfield Re brand.
“This agreement reflects our ongoing efforts to ensure that Aon’s colleagues, capabilities and techno
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups