The consideration represents a 29% premium to Benfield’s closing stock price on August 21, 2008, the last trading day prior to the announcement of the agreement.
Following the close of the transaction, Aon said it intended to integrate the Benfield business with its existing reinsurance operations (Aon Re Global) and operate the division globally under the newly created Aon Benfield Re brand.
“This agreement reflects our ongoing efforts to ensure that Aon’s colleagues, capabilities and techno
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five