The consideration represents a 29% premium to Benfield’s closing stock price on August 21, 2008, the last trading day prior to the announcement of the agreement.
Following the close of the transaction, Aon said it intended to integrate the Benfield business with its existing reinsurance operations (Aon Re Global) and operate the division globally under the newly created Aon Benfield Re brand.
“This agreement reflects our ongoing efforts to ensure that Aon’s colleagues, capabilities and
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Market moves: Across the board
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019