The purchase establishes a Manchester base for VP in an area that has historically been unreceptive to the advances of consolidators.
The deal was lead by Smart & Cook, which will oversee the broking business of the Stockport-based firm, while the financial services arm will come under fellow VP broker Layton Blackham.
The deal represents an increase in gross written premium of £8m and 24 staff to VP on the broking side, plus18 financial services staff. Its offices and all staff will be reta
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints