The purchase establishes a Manchester base for VP in an area that has historically been unreceptive to the advances of consolidators.
The deal was lead by Smart & Cook, which will oversee the broking business of the Stockport-based firm, while the financial services arm will come under fellow VP broker Layton Blackham.
The deal represents an increase in gross written premium of £8m and 24 staff to VP on the broking side, plus18 financial services staff. Its offices and all staff will be
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018