The purchase establishes a Manchester base for VP in an area that has historically been unreceptive to the advances of consolidators.
The deal was lead by Smart & Cook, which will oversee the broking business of the Stockport-based firm, while the financial services arm will come under fellow VP broker Layton Blackham.
The deal represents an increase in gross written premium of £8m and 24 staff to VP on the broking side, plus18 financial services staff. Its offices and all staff will be reta
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched