The group reported a 128% increase in operating profits, to £62.8m (2007: £27.5m), and a 38% increase in gross premiums to £917m (2007: £665m).
However, LV's investments contributed to a loss after tax of £202m (2007: profit £50m). It maintained a capital surplus of £1.1bn, 2.1 times the level required (2007: £1.3bn).
The mutual emphasised its long term business management, reporting that policyholders with a 25 year with-profits policy maturing in February 2009 were at least 22% better off than e
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal