The poll revealed just over a third (39%) do not check whether employees using their own vehicle for work have the correct insurance and with 40% not even asking to see an MOT certificate, many more insurance polices could be invalid in the event of an accident.
Companies are being urged to clamp down after the survey found 40% do not have a policy in place for employees using their own car for work and one in three (32%) do not have a policy in place for company car drivers.
In a statement,
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future