Established in Holsworthy, Devon during the late 1980s, the company was owned and managed by Ian Parker. He and all existing employees will remain with the business, developing its personal lines and commercial accounts with predominantly local farming clients.
Mike Hutton, Equity's acquisition director said: "The Holsworthy purchase further strengthens Equity's growing position as a serious contender in the south west broking arena."
Mr Parker added: "Joining the Equity Insurance Group will
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData