Established in Holsworthy, Devon during the late 1980s, the company was owned and managed by Ian Parker. He and all existing employees will remain with the business, developing its personal lines and commercial accounts with predominantly local farming clients.
Mike Hutton, Equity's acquisition director said: "The Holsworthy purchase further strengthens Equity's growing position as a serious contender in the south west broking arena."
Mr Parker added: "Joining the Equity Insurance Group will
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018