Mr Fryett acted as a director of CIC Greece and was also involved with CIC Costa Rica. While neither were authorised to carry out insurance business in the UK, he encouraged a number of UK insurance brokers and underwriting agents to issue insurance contracts.
One of those brokers was Insureyourshop.com, run by director Richard Baines, which issued approximately 1,800 insurance contracts. Some of these included employers' liability policies supposedly underwritten by CIC Greece or CIC Costa Rica,
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products