Johnson FM’s managing director, Kevin Elliott, said that the 15,000 or so commercial flood victims could claim back their rates via local authorities, citing ‘hardship’ – which, while not specifically defined in law, includes properties affected by floods where stock was not removed.
The Company operates on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis and has already secured rebates for 50 flood-damaged properties. With settlements averaging £20,000 per claim, Mr Elliott said he was keen for the insurance indus
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April