Paul Towler, partner at JLT, said: "The litigious environment that prevails means that its inevitable that financial institutions who invested clients' assets in Madoff's funds will face actions from disgruntled clients seeking to recover lost monies.
"The likely focus of clients will be the level of due diligence performed by the financial institutions. A range of insurance cover is available to protect firms and their clients from incidents such as this; however, the worry is whether they have
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products