As well as being stung with the fixed £60 penalty charge, motorists could be forking out £5.4m each year in insurance premiums – with some insurers increasing premiums by 18.1% because of the higher risk.
In a survey of eight insurers from its extensive panel, AA Insurance even found one insurer refused to quote for a single mobile telephone offence. All other companies increased the premium from 4.2% to 18.1%.
AA’s research also revealed that in real money terms the average insurance premiu
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April