In the first three months of 2008 Hiscox UK and Hiscox Europe saw increases in gross written premiums of 13% and 29% respectively. Hiscox Global Markets and Hiscox International reduced, and overall, premium income is down by 10% to £321.3m from £358.4 in the first three months of last year.
Hiscox's fledgling Bermudian operation saw GWP drop by 38% to £30.9m, down from £48.9m a year earlier. However, the US operation saw premiums jump 43% to £5.7m, up from £4m a year earlier.
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April