A sample of 128 valuations carried out by the insurer revealed that 86% of those properties surveyed were significantly underinsured, with the difference totalling £314m.
Mike Colmans, property owners underwriting manager for NU, said: "Having accurate sums insured on a property is vital to guarantee receiving the full amount in the event of a claim. As many as 50% of claims for damage to buildings are being settled below the cost of reinstatement, which could have a significant impact on
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products