Admiral was ranked 91st largest FTSE company, with a market capitalisation of £2,871.55m, at market close on 11 December 2007. All announced index changes will be effective from 24 December 2007.
Admiral is the only Welsh-headquartered company to currently be a member of the FTSE 100 and is the first company operating in South Wales to join the benchmark blue chip stock market index.
Henry Engelhardt, CEO, said: "We are very proud to be joining the FTSE 100 just three and a half years after
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley