However, it added that overall insurance pricing for renewal business on the nine month period decreased by 1.9%.
The strongest increases of gross premiums written came at Brit's UK book, which saw premiums jump 14.9% to £262.1m, up from £228.1m a year earlier.
Brit's reinsurance book saw its gross written premiums number rise to £245.4m from £226.1m a year earlier, while Brit's flagship global markets business saw premiums jump to £612.7m from £565.9m a year over the same period.
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April