However, it added that overall insurance pricing for renewal business on the nine month period decreased by 1.9%.
The strongest increases of gross premiums written came at Brit's UK book, which saw premiums jump 14.9% to £262.1m, up from £228.1m a year earlier.
Brit's reinsurance book saw its gross written premiums number rise to £245.4m from £226.1m a year earlier, while Brit's flagship global markets business saw premiums jump to £612.7m from £565.9m a year over the same period.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution