Chartwell Healthcare MD Gary Noble said the boom was the result of individuals and employers taking an increasingly holistic approach to financial planning as well as greater awareness of the flexibility and affordability of private medical insurance (PMI).
Chartwell’s premium income figures back recent statistics from the ABI, which show the number of people covered by PMI rose by 2.13% from 2006 to 2007 (from 5,879,000 in 2006 to 6,004,000).
“PMI is increasingly seen as essential rather
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018