Chartwell Healthcare MD Gary Noble said the boom was the result of individuals and employers taking an increasingly holistic approach to financial planning as well as greater awareness of the flexibility and affordability of private medical insurance (PMI).
Chartwell’s premium income figures back recent statistics from the ABI, which show the number of people covered by PMI rose by 2.13% from 2006 to 2007 (from 5,879,000 in 2006 to 6,004,000).
“PMI is increasingly seen as essential rather th
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal