Chartwell Healthcare MD Gary Noble said the boom was the result of individuals and employers taking an increasingly holistic approach to financial planning as well as greater awareness of the flexibility and affordability of private medical insurance (PMI).
Chartwell’s premium income figures back recent statistics from the ABI, which show the number of people covered by PMI rose by 2.13% from 2006 to 2007 (from 5,879,000 in 2006 to 6,004,000).
“PMI is increasingly seen as essential rather th
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO