Group turnover year to date increased by 18% on last year to £270m with a minimal return on investments of 2.2%. The turnover from non-UK car insurance was £16m and although Confused.com's turnover increased by 8%, Admiral admitted that margins remained under pressure.
Henry Engelhardt, chief executive, said: "I'm happy to report that nothing significant has changed since our 2008 full year results and that performance in the first quarter of 2009 is as we had expected.
"Against a backdrop of pric
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future