Householders overpaying on home insurance by £1.3bn

Despite having discovered how easy it is to compare products and prices online for car insurance, and making substantial savings by doing so, consumers are not applying the same approach to their home insurance according to the comparison site. found that, in 2008, just 7% of motor customers, who were also homeowners, checked to see if they could find a better deal online for their home insurance; leaving a whopping 93% who did not apply this savvy shopper logic to their home

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact [email protected].

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact [email protected] to find out more.

To continue reading...

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have an Insurance Age account, please register now.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an indvidual account here: