Barfield’s insurance broking business, which specialises in good quality commercial insurance risks, will remain based in north Leeds, as Oval looks to consolidate more business in the city. The residual Barfield business will continue to operate independently as a financial services provider.
Tony Bedford, Barfield's managing director, will join the Oval North Board, whilst continuing to run the insurance broking business on a day-to-day basis.
Phillip Hodson, group chief executive of Oval, s
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
Back to Top