In 2007, GWP grew by almost 17% to an all time high of £440m. Datamonitor forecasted the market will grow a further 58% to attain a value of almost £700m in 2012.
Andrew Haslip, financial services analyst at Datamonitor and author of the report, said: Increased consumer uptake of the product along with premium rate increases to cover high claims inflation has combined to make this one of the fastest growing insurance markets in the UK.”
The key driver behind the premium income growth in 2007
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April