This is the first time for several years that there has been a first-quarter increase in car insurance premiums.
The average quoted premium, based on data from over 80 insurance providers on a basket of 1,000 customers, rose by 1.3% to £751.60. The Shoparound index, an average of lowest three premiums for each customer and is closer to the premium most people will pay, rose by just under 1% to £504.38.
Simon Douglas, director of AA Insurance, says: "Although 1.3% may not sound much, premiums fell
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017