This is the first time for several years that there has been a first-quarter increase in car insurance premiums.
The average quoted premium, based on data from over 80 insurance providers on a basket of 1,000 customers, rose by 1.3% to £751.60. The Shoparound index, an average of lowest three premiums for each customer and is closer to the premium most people will pay, rose by just under 1% to £504.38.
Simon Douglas, director of AA Insurance, says: "Although 1.3% may not sound much, premiums fell
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Market moves: Across the board
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019