This is the first time for several years that there has been a first-quarter increase in car insurance premiums.
The average quoted premium, based on data from over 80 insurance providers on a basket of 1,000 customers, rose by 1.3% to £751.60. The Shoparound index, an average of lowest three premiums for each customer and is closer to the premium most people will pay, rose by just under 1% to £504.38.
Simon Douglas, director of AA Insurance, says: "Although 1.3% may not sound much, premiums fell
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData