A total of 132,577 claims were accepted by employment tribunals (115,039 in 2005-6) raising 238,546 jurisdictions (specific matters for complaint), an increase on last year’s jurisdictions per claim. Hearings take over a week, in most instances.
Legal expenses insurer DAS said that costs nearly always had to be paid by each side, regardless of who won. Funding both employee and commercial defence cases at tribunals, the insurer reported that figures had been swelled by a large number of
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products