Mr Mageean, who joins QBE from RSA where he was UK commercial underwriting director, will be responsible for the growth and diversification of QBE’s property division, which already underwrites on both Lloyd’s and company paper and in every continent in the world.
In his new role, Mr Mageean will report to John Neal, chief operating officer at QBE European Operations.
Mr Mageean commented: “QBE’s unique speciality focus on commercial property insurance together with its skilled and genuinely
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti