Mr Mageean, who joins QBE from RSA where he was UK commercial underwriting director, will be responsible for the growth and diversification of QBE’s property division, which already underwrites on both Lloyd’s and company paper and in every continent in the world.
In his new role, Mr Mageean will report to John Neal, chief operating officer at QBE European Operations.
Mr Mageean commented: “QBE’s unique speciality focus on commercial property insurance together with its skilled and genuinely
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018