The combined operating ratio for European operations was 84.8% compared with 86.1% last year and the insurance profit margin was 26.0% compared with 22.3% last year.
The Lloyd's business which wrote £1.1bn of business saw a COR of 75.7% (2006: 82.1%) and insurance profit margin of 36% (2006: 26.3%).
Its European insurance business produced a COR of 92.1% on Aus $2503m [down 5%] compared with 89.9% last year which the company attributed to large individual risk and catastrophe claims and an i
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product