In the fourth quarter of 2008, MMC's net income fell to $80m from net income of $85m in 2007. For 2008, consolidated revenue was $11.6bn, an increase of 4% from $11.2bn in 2007. MMC's results for 2008 include the previously reported non-cash goodwill impairment charge of $540m in the Risk Consulting and Technology segment, which contributed to a net loss of $73m.
For 2007, net income was $2.5bn, reflecting MMC's gain of $1.9bn, net of tax, on the divestiture of Putnam Investments in August 2007.
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Market moves: Across the board
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019