In the fourth quarter of 2008, MMC's net income fell to $80m from net income of $85m in 2007. For 2008, consolidated revenue was $11.6bn, an increase of 4% from $11.2bn in 2007. MMC's results for 2008 include the previously reported non-cash goodwill impairment charge of $540m in the Risk Consulting and Technology segment, which contributed to a net loss of $73m.
For 2007, net income was $2.5bn, reflecting MMC's gain of $1.9bn, net of tax, on the divestiture of Putnam Investments in August 2007.
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups