In the fourth quarter of 2008, MMC's net income fell to $80m from net income of $85m in 2007. For 2008, consolidated revenue was $11.6bn, an increase of 4% from $11.2bn in 2007. MMC's results for 2008 include the previously reported non-cash goodwill impairment charge of $540m in the Risk Consulting and Technology segment, which contributed to a net loss of $73m.
For 2007, net income was $2.5bn, reflecting MMC's gain of $1.9bn, net of tax, on the divestiture of Putnam Investments in August 2007.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future