In a statement, the CII said it had become apparent that ANZIIF's revenues were falling dramatically and it was potentially heading for a loss this year, the second year running.
The CII said it was deeply disappointed the ANZIIF management only disclosed the information this week and now felt any merger with ANZIIF would be detrimental to its members' long-term interests.
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance