The company's non-life gross written premium (GWP) for 2008 was £760m, up £2m from the previous year. The reported non-life combined operating ratio after investment income improved to 92.2 per cent from 98.1 per cent in 2007.
Fortis' capital position ended the year at £346m, which is 2.82 times the minimum capital required by the FSA. The company has a low risk investment portfolio which increased in value by £43m in 2008 over the previous year.
Barry Smith, chief executive of Fortis UK commented
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK