The study revealed that in December 2007, the average car insurance premium was £497.26, compared to £472.52 in December 2006 (an increase of 5.24%).
The index reported significant differences in premium increases based on age in the last twelve months. Motorists aged between 40 and 50 saw an average rise of 7%, the highest of any age group, higher even than the under 25s at 6.59%. Those motorists aged 65 and over saw the lowest rise in premiums at 4.14%.
Joanne Mallon, Sainsbury’s car insur
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData