With Britain’s clocks due to revert to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), the rapid decline in daylight is set to leave drivers quite literally ‘in the dark’ and struggling to see the host of hazards that fill British roads.
More Than Business records show that vehicle accident claims surge by five per cent on average each year during the two weeks either side of the daylight saving changeover as motorists suddenly find themselves driving to and from work in the dark.
Head of More Than Business Mike
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Market moves: Across the board
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019