Brokers have been urged to keep up to date with warnings published by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) on its website.
In a bespoke section the regulator’s statements names firms and warns consumers against dealing with unauthorised companies. The list often includes general insurance businesses and as such has value for brokers too.
Branko Bjelobaba, managing director of Branko, commented: “Every time I stand in front of brokers I tell them to look at the FCA website every day.”
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal