Brokers have labelled Marsh’s £295m takeover of Bluefin from Axa as a good acquisition.
The deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017 and the American broking giant confirmed that it will combine Bluefin with Jelf which it bought in December last year. The plan is to create a single business unit led by Jelf chief executive officer Phil Barton.
Experts in the industry predicted that combining the two retail brokers will take a long time and need a lot of integration work
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin