Brokers have labelled Marsh’s £295m takeover of Bluefin from Axa as a good acquisition.
The deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017 and the American broking giant confirmed that it will combine Bluefin with Jelf which it bought in December last year. The plan is to create a single business unit led by Jelf chief executive officer Phil Barton.
Experts in the industry predicted that combining the two retail brokers will take a long time and need a lot of integration work
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016