Brokers have labelled Marsh’s £295m takeover of Bluefin from Axa as a good acquisition.
The deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017 and the American broking giant confirmed that it will combine Bluefin with Jelf which it bought in December last year. The plan is to create a single business unit led by Jelf chief executive officer Phil Barton.
Experts in the industry predicted that combining the two retail brokers will take a long time and need a lot of integration work
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- SSP confirms system disruption in texts to brokers
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Insurtech start-up Konsileo secures £2.7m in funding
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups