Experts have warned brokers not to become complacent following the news that the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has cancelled its review of client money rules for insurance intermediaries.
The regulator explained that it would not pursue any changes to the current rules at this stage, stating that the industry had “increased its focus on protecting client money” and was “engaging with the FCA on its policies in this area”.
Describing the decision as a “proportionate response to the scale of
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic