The £46m buyout of Broker Network from Towergate has been hailed as a return to independence for the network and warmly received by members. However, some commentators have queried aspects of the deal.
Towergate sold a majority stake in the network plus shares to private equity firm Highbridge. Highbridge also holds a majority stake in Towergate.
Broker Network CEO Andy Fairchild insisted that having Highbridge as the ultimate owner of both organisations does not mean Towergate will still be inv
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups