The £46m buyout of Broker Network from Towergate has been hailed as a return to independence for the network and warmly received by members. However, some commentators have queried aspects of the deal.
Towergate sold a majority stake in the network plus shares to private equity firm Highbridge. Highbridge also holds a majority stake in Towergate.
Broker Network CEO Andy Fairchild insisted that having Highbridge as the ultimate owner of both organisations does not mean Towergate will still be
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- Circle expands again in 2018
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal